Skip to main content

Educator Spotlight - Amy Marple


Ms. Amy Marple

Ms. Amy Marple is a 5th-grade math teacher at Sunset Elementary. She shared the following quote:

“Being the TTL for my school has given me the opportunity to help others overcome their fear of technology and find new and exciting ways to make their teaching more effective. I look forward to learning more technology skills in the coming months and sharing them with my colleagues and students."

Thank you, Ms. Marple!

This is the eighth and final post in a weekly series celebrating the hard work and dedication of the WESD Teacher Technology Leaders throughout the 2020-21 school year! 

The Teacher Technology Leaders (TTLs) are a group of highly motivated teachers who provide leadership for their school sites in all areas related to technology integration. This includes exploring new methods of effective technology integration in their own classrooms, leading school and district level PD sessions, and providing personalized support to individual teachers at their site. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Awesome Projects for January!

This week has been super busy! But it's that awesome kind of busy where I am working on multiple projects for January that I am SUPER excited about!  Kinders on Chromebooks We are preparing for our 3rd Quarter EdTech session, and we are planning to include resources specifically designed for our K-2 teachers. We want to create videos in which we model strategies that K-2 teachers can use to help their students learn how to login to Chromebooks. My EdTech teammate reached out to the Kindergarten team at one of our schools, and they were kind enough to open their doors to us!  We will be working with this team on the first day back from Winter Break in January. Our plan is for me to lead the first session while another EdTech team member records the lesson and assists students as needed. We will be sharing the video footage, along with other K-2 resources, with our teachers during our sessions throughout the 3rd Quarter. This week I am trying to build a Google Site th

Setting New EdTech Goals

Last week I accomplished an edtech goal that I have had for the past year - I was selected as a Google for Education Certified Educator! Yay! This was a really big goal of mine, and I'm really proud of myself for following through on it. The most challenging part for me was creating the video because it involved talking about myself. It felt SUPER awkward.  This seems like a great time to set some new edtech goals! Present at an EdTech Conference I really want to start presenting and sharing ideas at edtech conferences. I love going to edtech conferences because I always learn something new, and I think that I have some ideas to share that might help other teachers try new things in their own schools and classrooms. There is an EdTechTeam Summit coming to Phoenix in March. I think that would be a great opportunity to try submitting a session proposal! Become an ISTE Certified Educator In September, I began the process of becoming an ISTE Certified Educator .

Creating Scenes with Google Drawings

I recently saw a post from Marshall Beyer ( @MarshallBeyer29 ) about an activity he did with students in which they created scenes in Google Drawings to demonstrate their learning. It looked really awesome, so I decided to try it in my classroom! A few weeks ago, students chose a Native American region to research. One of the resources they used was an article from Newsela. I created an assignment in which they were challenged to use Google Drawings to create a scene that demonstrated what they learned about the Native American region from the article.  I gave my students a set of directions that included an example of a scene that I created. Here are the directions: One of the things I'm working on this year is letting students explore the digital tools we use instead of showing them how to use them step-by-step. It's challenging at first, but they are so proud of themselves when they discover all the different ways they can create! I also love how eager they