Skip to main content

#ISTELive 21 - Day 2

 


That's a wrap on Day 2 of ISTELive! It was another day of great sessions, and there was definitely a central message running through all of them - the importance of collaboration.

The day started with a message from Noelle Silver on the Mainstage. I love her passion for the power of AI as an inclusive tool to help students thrive. She had so many great messages, including the need for diversity of thought in the AI industry.


Next was "Collaboration to Transformation: Tech Coaches in Schools" with Bonnie Chelette, Georgina Dean, Jared Johnson, Becky Lim, and Shannon Moore. This group always leads such fun and engaging sessions! I loved learning not just from these awesome coaches, but also the participants who shared tips and ideas on the Jamboard and chat.



In the afternoon, I attended a poster session called "The Hybrid Coach — Coaching Teachers in a Digital Space" with Molly Lutts and Tracee Keough. They shared some really awesome ideas and resources, including:
  • Collaborative learning logs
  • Initiating coaching cycles with admin
  • 4C's rubric

I'm really excited for more great sessions tomorrow!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of School

We just wrapped up our first week of school! I really enjoyed meeting and getting to know our new 5th grade students! Here are some of the activities we did to start building our classroom culture and learn more about each other: "All About Me" Google Drawing Students learned how to use some of the basic features of Google Drawings by creating a Drawing about themselves. The basic requirements were that they include their name, a picture of themselves, and text/images that describe their personalities or interests. I created an example to give them an idea of what it could look like.  I used this activity last year, and I really enjoyed what my students created. However, I decided this year to give them more time to just play with and explore the tools in Google Drawing. I feel like this really paid off because students were able to discover how to use some of the tools and share with each other instead of just relying on me to show them how to use it.  ...

#OneNewThing: Adobe Spark

This week I tried using Adobe Spark Video for the first time. I'm enrolled in Tony Vincent's ( @tonyvincent ) Classy Videos course, and our assignment this week was to create a narrated slideshow.  When you first log in to Adobe Spark , you can choose which type of product you want to create: I chose to create a video to persuade students and parents to attend our upcoming Back to School Night. Adobe Spark provides some templates for you to use, or you can choose to create your video from scratch.  I used the "Promote an Idea" template for my project. Once you have chosen your template, it's time to start creating! There are some basic menus inside of the video creator. These allow you to choose things such as layout, theme, and music.  You can also add narration to the slides by pressing the red button with the microphone icon at the bottom of each slide. I wrote up a brief "script" for each slide so that I wouldn't forge...

Differentiating PD - Skill Checklists

In a previous blog post , I shared three areas where I want to improve when designing and leading PD sessions. One of those goals was the following: Try new strategies to differentiate and support individualized progression I want to share one new way I am trying to address this goal in an upcoming PD session for a group of first-year teachers. One of the things I was asked to do in this session was to help teachers learn and practice Google for Workspace skills that they will need in order to effectively plan for the first few weeks of school. As I began to plan for this PD, I reflected on the following challenges: These are brand-new teachers and I don't know what level of Google Workspace skills they already have I want to make sure the learning is meaningful, regardless of their current skill level I do not have enough time to show them everything they might need to know, so I want to leave them with a resource they can revisit when they need it I decided to create leveled ...